Journal of an Optimistic Contrarian

The name of my blog stems from my worldview which is naturally contrarian. I also think too many people are unnecessarily pessimistic about the world we live in, thus the "optimistic" qualification. On this blog you can expect to find random musings on a wide list of topics and my feeble efforts at poetry. I work in the financial industry, and I can also be dubbed as a contrarian investor. And contrary to popular opinion, I am not a contrarian for the sake of being one (Or at least I hope not).

Name:
Location: Irvine, California, United States

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Secret Of Love

Raaz-e-Ishq

Shamma khud jalti hai uska yehi hai kaam
abas parwaanon ne use kiya hai badnaam
Kamaal-e-Husn se hai waakif har koi
Raaz-e-Ishq nahi bayaan hota sar-e-aam.


The Taper burns tis her nature to be aflame
Alas! the moths give it a bad name
Of the Wonder of Beauty everyone knows
The Secret of Love not common proclaim

The taper and the moth are common allegories for beauty and love. The moths linger around the flame only to be burnt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stories Untold said...

Bhai wah! chhaaa gaye guru

'Kamaal-e-Husn se hai waakif har koi
Raaz-e-Ishq nahi bayaan hota sar-e-aam.'

arz kiya hai ...

koi naya hee rang ghul jaata hai jab bhee khamoshee bol detee hai ...

itnee bereham hai yeh aankhen ...jo kitne hee raaz khol detee hain!!!

(Good one know???? I am learning!)

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home