Journal of an Optimistic Contrarian

The name of my blog stems from my worldview which is naturally contrarian. I also think too many people are unnecessarily pessimistic about the world we live in, thus the "optimistic" qualification. On this blog you can expect to find random musings on a wide list of topics and my feeble efforts at poetry. I work in the financial industry, and I can also be dubbed as a contrarian investor. And contrary to popular opinion, I am not a contrarian for the sake of being one (Or at least I hope not).

Name:
Location: Irvine, California, United States

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Greatest day in the History of Man

The Greatest Day in the History of Man

is Today.

Beyond all reasonable doubt, Todayless people are poor, illiterate, unemployed, malnutritioned, suffering, diseased, dying in war, suffering from racial, gender, ethnic or social discrimination than any other time in the history of Man.

Dont believe me?

check this out www.gapminder.com

We are in the middle of a great surge in global productivity, growth and empowerment.

The media is omnipresent and brings us disturbing images and numbers from around the world with increasing efficiency, and it is often mistaken for regression.

And the great thing is, Tomorrow will be an even better day and the record will be broken.

Atish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home