Journal of an Optimistic Contrarian

The name of my blog stems from my worldview which is naturally contrarian. I also think too many people are unnecessarily pessimistic about the world we live in, thus the "optimistic" qualification. On this blog you can expect to find random musings on a wide list of topics and my feeble efforts at poetry. I work in the financial industry, and I can also be dubbed as a contrarian investor. And contrary to popular opinion, I am not a contrarian for the sake of being one (Or at least I hope not).

Name:
Location: Irvine, California, United States

Thursday, March 08, 2007

A ghazal

Ya to tum hui hogi ya koi tumsa hua hoga
Noor-e-husn se gumaa(n) toor ka jalwa hua hoga.

ye nazuki-e-kamaal nahii(n) kudrat ke haath mein
tujhko jisne banaya dast-e-khuda hua hoga.

karte hai Shireen ka zikr hota hai Farhad ka bayaan
na haseen tum si hui hogi na aashiq hum sa hua hoga

sharma kar chaand chhup gaya hai badalo(n) mein
shayad tumhara ghar se nikalna hua hoga.

Tujhe dekhkar jo shaksh dil ko na thaam le
Koi bedil-o-benazar ya farishta hua hoga.

Bhool jae tujhe magar dil jo hai yakeen
nahin kabhi kahi koi tumsa hua hoga.

is gali mein phool khilte hai mausam-bemausam
kisi aashiq ka janaza guzra hua hoga.

Rangeen mehfilo(n) mein aatish ko dhundte ho,
kahi tanha gham-e-ishq mein rota hua hoga.


(Toor ka jalwa is the divine light Prophet Moses saw on Mount Toor)
(Dast-e-Khuda is the hand of God)

1 Comments:

Blogger Stories Untold said...

Beautiful, sensitive, well crafted.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home