Journal of an Optimistic Contrarian

The name of my blog stems from my worldview which is naturally contrarian. I also think too many people are unnecessarily pessimistic about the world we live in, thus the "optimistic" qualification. On this blog you can expect to find random musings on a wide list of topics and my feeble efforts at poetry. I work in the financial industry, and I can also be dubbed as a contrarian investor. And contrary to popular opinion, I am not a contrarian for the sake of being one (Or at least I hope not).

Name:
Location: Irvine, California, United States

Saturday, October 15, 2011

2 new couplets

Aaah happy day wrote after a long time. Pretty decent ones too.

Do lafzon me simta hai aatish-e-sansaar
ik gham-e-ishq dooja gham-e-rozgaar

Aatish's world is defined complete with two phrases
One the sorrow of love the other the sorrow of making a living

humsaaya-e-asmaan ko lambi faakon ka dar nahi
dum bharta hai shahbaaz par shikasta'par nahi

The fellow traveler of the sky is not intimidated by long periods of hunger
The Royal Falcon has paused to take a breath but its wings are not clipped yet

(a falcon hunts for days sometimes weeks to make a kill, sometimes shadowing a single prey)

2 Comments:

Blogger Stories Untold said...

No Kidding! Is this original???? Very very profound and inspiring - the falcon bit!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Atishbazi said...

Of course its original else I would have made sure to give attribution.

Thanks for the appreciation.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home